Sunday, October 5, 2008

On my own

Jeremy headed out to New Jersey today for a class, so I'm on my own with both kiddos until late late Wednesday night. Yikes. We're not off to a great start-I went to the church business meeting tonight to find out what's happening since the sewer backup flood and put in my two cents (well, four cents since I was representing Jeremy too) and that went waaaaaay late. We didn't get home until a few minutes after 8, a whole hour late. Poor Ian was starving and tired and so confused about why daddy wasn't coming home from church with us-I guess we'd been there so long (3 hours+) that he forgot Jeremy hadn't been there when we arrived. I got home and both kiddos were screaming as I tried to simultaneously nurse Rinnah, make Ian's dinner & help him eat, get Ian's bath running, get diapers & pj's ready for both kids, and get Rinnah changed. I was quite pleased when Ian was in bed and Rinnah was asleep in her cradle after only about 40 minutes. But Ian isn't going to sleep yet-it's always hard when the routine is off, and starting late didn't help-so I'm sitting in his room waiting for him to fall asleep. Hopefully the rest of the week goes a little more smoothly.

No comments: