Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Christmas Eve

was quiet but nice. We went over to my mom's house for dinner. All my brothers are home, but no one else this year. We had our traditional snacky/hors d'ouerves dinner and chatted for awhile. Then Jeremy and I brought the kids home and tried to get them to bed while my brothers picked a game to play.

They came over with Texas Hold 'Em. It was fun to learn a new game. Of course, Rinnah didn't stay down long, but she played fairly happily in the swing while we played cards. It was nice to have people over and still be able to play with Ian in bed.

Tomorrow morning we'll go over there to open gifts and hopefully play some more games. It's a good thing we have a van now to 'travel' for the holidays...even just to go for the day we're going to bring over a crazy amount of stuff. I'm glad we don't have to travel far though, especially with the icy roads.

No comments: