Monday, January 12, 2009

Photography

That's my new hobby. Or at least, I'd like it to be.

My mom gave me an awesome camera for Christmas, and I'm reading everything I can about photography trying to learn how to use a 'real' camera. Some of my online buddies take downright stunning pictures of their little ones, and I am jealous! The pictures I'm taking are definitely better than with my little Walgreens camera, but I have SO much to learn to make these better. Here are two I liked from the first week I had the camera:

From Rinnah 12-29


From Rinnah 12-29


One current speedbump in the learning curve is that everybody in the world does post processing with Photoshop. I was all set to download a trial version, but my laptop is limping along with only half of the minimum memory. Hmmph.

1 comment:

Leigh Anne said...

hey! love the pictures of Rinnah! she looks so much like you in that 2nd one! she's a doll!

like you, i'm trying to learn my camera. one thing i was told (i have point & shoot - attached flash)...is to put it on manual and not to use any auto settings. it's really helped...

oh & there's this great program that works pretty much exactly like photoshop...but, it's 100% free! http://www.gimp.org/