Saturday, September 20, 2008

Seat Check Saturday

Today was declared some sort of statewide child passenger safety day, so there were 93 checks held across Illinois. I helped at the one in Sprinfield. Ian spent the morning with Grandma Fox, and Jeremy and Rinnah came along to the check. Jeremy was able to help with directing traffic and passing out clipboards while Rinnah slept in the sling. I got to check seats. I really enjoyed it-I love educating people about carseats and it was great to do something other than just the mommy thing. It's the first check I've done since Rinnah was born.

I brought some seats that we've had at home from other checks hoping they could be used or go to someone else who does more checks than I do. I'm glad I did, because we had a 2 yr old boy with Down Syndrome come in. He was very close to 40 pounds, and came in with an old seat with twisty straps that he can wiggle out of. One of the seats I brought harnessed to 65 pounds, which he really needed. He's definitely not ready for a booster yet. It was great to see that seat going to good use to keep that sweet little boy safe.

This afternoon I finished painting Rinnah's room. Well, except for a little touchup that needs to be done on the ceiling. It's a pale pink, and on Monday we have some rose-colored carpet coming. We got brown curtains and I found some ribbon that matches the carpet, so my mom is going to sew that on the curtains as a little border to tie the room together. I think it will look nice.

We're also getting new carpet for the playroom. That will be great. Once those two rooms are done we'll have redone all the floors on the main floor of our house except for Ian's room (kept the hardwood) and sort of our room (we pulled up carpet and left the hardwood).

I even managed to get Ian's outgrown clothes consolidated into plastic storage bins and labeled with the sizes. It was a very productive day!

No comments: