Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Anybody want a little boy?

Ian got up an hour early today, which was obviously not a good thing. The day started out with him telling me about the crickets he could hear outside his window. Nice enough, until I tried to get him dressed or accomplish anything else. He screamed if I got him out of the crib, he screamed if I closed the window, he screamed if I left the room-basically if I did anything but listen to him babble about a cricket. Then there was the tantrum when he wanted licorice for breakfast (as a responsible mother, I of course said no). When I changed Rinnah's diaper, I returned to find that he had dumped an entire package of croutons on the kitchen floor and then stomped them into a million pieces. And he wailed all through lunch, not even eating because 1)the garbage truck had left. watching it is the highlight of his Wednesday. the driver even honks and waves now. and 2) we wouldn't let him have carrot cake for lunch.

Those are just the highlights and it's not even 1pm yet. Sigh.

No comments: