Friday, August 15, 2008

Girls' day out

I had my 6 week checkup in Springfield yesterday. Rinnah is obviously still to little to leave behind (I don't think I could anyway!) but the thought of taking both kids all the way to Springfield by myself was a bit scary. So I dropped Ian off with Grandma, then Jeremy picked him up for lunch & put him down for a nap. I think he had a lot more fun that way than he would have in the car anyway.

Since we weren't constrained by Ian's nap schedule then, after the appt. Rinnah and I went shopping! Well, Rinnah napped in the sling while I shopped. I went to Target and made two Walgreens stops. It was fun to walk around Target-it's been months since I was able to shop there. I found a carseat for Rinnah marked to half-price because it was missing the cupholder. Very exciting! Not the best carseat in the world, but for $35 it will make a great secondary seat. And I found swim trunks for Ian next year, and a croquet/bocce ball set, and some frozen fries for $.04 after coupons. It was a nice time.

Rinnah did really well too. I only had to pull over once.

1 comment:

Word Geologist said...

Hey. It's Emily. Well I am enjoying your blog! I miss you. Someday I will make it up to Jacksonville and meet your daughter!! I've been working hard and I am now teaching 2 sections of Freshman Comp and taking more classes toward my Master. Until I get back up there I will read about what you're up to! :)